Be a member of our Patient Advisory Council and Message Board
Our Patient Advisory Council consists of a broad base of 12 -15 cancer survivors who support the mission of the Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center: “To provide exceptional cancer care that places you at the center of all we do.”
This includes survivors who have utilized UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s Hospital, Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa and/or services of the center. The Council reflects the cultural diversity (i.e., ethnic, spiritual, social, economic, educational, geographic, gender, sexual orientation, family structure, etc.) of survivors and families who are consumers of our services.
The Patient Advisory Council is paramount to our success. The Council has been instrumental in providing guidance to make positive improvements and changes that enhance the patient and family experience. Several of these improvements include:
- Assisting with the development of the cancer center mission statement
- Helping with plans for “Survivors Day”
- Handing out carnations weekly at the Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center and Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa Hematology/Oncology Clinic
- Participating in the Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center Dedication
- Reviewing and providing updates to wellness surveys
- Providing patient experience feedback on new services being implemented at the Cancer Center such as the care coordination model, new clinics, same day visits and radiation therapy
Your input and experiences will help shape the center and the services we provide. If you’d like to be part of Council, please contact Andrea at (319) 369-7116 or email for more information.