From EatingWell: September/October 2009
This Southern favorite is a simple blend of Cheddar, mayonnaise and pimientos. If you like spicy foods, add a few shakes of hot sauce. Serve with crackers or mini pumpernickel bread for an appetizer or as a sandwich spread for lunch.
1 1/2 cups | Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 4-ounce jar sliced pimientos, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions (green onions)
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, pimientos, scallions and hot sauce (if using) in a medium bowl.
Per 2-tablespoon serving : 49 Calories; 3 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 0 g Mono; 9 mg Cholesterol; 2 g Carbohydrates; 3 g Protein; 0 g Fiber; 156 mg Sodium; 18 mg Potassium