Easy Homemade Tomato Sauce
Delicious and rich in flavor, infused with herbs, this easy homemade tomato sauce is made from fresh tomatoes in just 15 minutes. Use it as tomato base on a pizza, as a pasta sauce, or serve alongside meat. It’s quick, fresh, fragrant and sweet, but without added sugars.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Author Natalie | Natalie’s Food & Health
- 2 – 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- Put whole tomatoes in boiling water and cook for 1 minute until you see the skin starting to wrinkle and split.
- Remove tomatoes from boiling water and plunge them into cold water.
- Drain tomatoes and strip the skins from the tomatoes.
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces. Transfer to a saucepan and add olive oil. Boil the tomatoes, and then reduce the heat to medium heat.
- Cook tomatoes for 15 minutes until they are completely soft and until the liquid is reduced. Stir occasionally with a fork for chunky sauce.
- When finished cooking, stir in spices and salt. Cook for another 1-2 minute.
- Transfer the hot sauce to sterilized clean glass jar and close the lid. Keep refrigerated and use it within a week.