Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
- 2¼ teaspoons yeast
- 1¼ cup warm water
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil + ~1 teaspoon for coating the bowl
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¾-1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
To prepare the sweet potato pizza dough:
- Fill a small bowl with the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast on top. Mix together lightly. Allow the yeast to proof for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours and salt together. Add the proofed yeast. Use a wooden spoon to mix lightly (will look crumbly and should not be fully combined).
- Add the oil and honey, mixing again with the wooden spoon (will still be a little crumbly)
- Add the mashed sweet potato. Use your hands to knead the dough together into a ball. Lift the dough out of the bowl, coat the bottom and sides of the bowl with oil. Return the dough to the bowl, roll it around in the oil to coat. Cover with a flour sack and let rise in a warm place for 60 minutes or until dough has increased in size.
Yield 2⅓ lbs. pizza dough
To Store: In the Refrigerator ⇒ Transfer the dough to a sealed plastic bag. Keep refrigerated for up to 6 days.
To Store: In the Freezer ⇒ Divide the dough into desired portions. Form each portion into a ball and place in separate freezer bags. Label and freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition per Serving (2 oz. dough or ⅛ pie): 90 Calories I 2g fat I 17 g carbohydrates I 2g fiber I 3g sugar I 2g protein I