Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- 1 sweet potato (diced)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- Baked chicken thighs (cut into slices)
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 1 c pecans
Ginger Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 TB fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup canola oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, toss diced sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast sweet potatoes in oven for 30-45 minutes until potatoes are crisp and tender.
- Add mixed greens, sweet potatoes, and all other salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add all ginger vinaigrette ingredients to a mason jar, seal lid, and shake to combine.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette to suit your taste.
Recipe from the NC Cooperative Extension.