Holiday Rice Pilaf
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 /2 cup dried cranberries and/or raisins
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped nuts, toasted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; sauté 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in rice and sauté an additional 4 minutes, add the chicken broth, seasonings and dried fruit, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 18 minutes (for white rice, longer for brown).
- Fluff the rice and place in a serving bowl, decorate the top with chopped parsley