Pumpkin Bread in a Bowl
- 1/3 c canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c milk or milk substitute
- 1 cup dry cereal of choice (Quaker Oat Squares is my favorite)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Sweetener to taste (such as stevia, honey, or maple syrup)
Blend all ingredients in blender on the highest speed. Taste and adjust for sweetness. The cereal will have a thin consistency after blending. Place in a cereal bowl and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to thicken it up. It will be similar to pudding in consistency after refrigerating. You can add nuts or whipped cream as desired.
Nutrition Information with 0 calorie sweetener: approximately 175 calories, 8 grams fiber, 30 gm carbohydrate, 7 grams protein, and 3 grams fat.
Recipe adapted from www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com