Types & Treatments
Cancer types & treatments
A collaborative approach means we bring together area specialists to ensure we’re offering the very latest treatment options, resources, and support to treat the most common cancers.
- Rectal (anal cancer)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Hodgkin Disease
- Head and neck cancer
- Urinary System (kidney/renal cancer and bladder cancer)
- Brain & CNS
- Blood & Bone Marrow (Leukemia and Myeloma)
- Female genital cancers (cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, ovarian cancer)
- Male genital cancers (testicular cancer, penile cancer)
Cancer treatment options
The choice of cancer treatments is influenced by several factors, including the specific characteristics of your cancer; your overall condition; and whether the goal of treatment is to cure your cancer, keep your cancer from spreading, or to relieve the symptoms caused by cancer.
Thanks to improvements in testing and technology, treatment options are increasing each year. One or more treatments may be used; in fact, it’s common to use several treatments at the same time or in sequence with the goal of preventing recurrence.
The most common options include:
- In Good Hands – Team approach helps “non-stop runner” slow down to battle thyroid cancer Regina Buhs began her cancer journey with a visit to her endocrinologist, Dr. Prasuna Rao (Madhavaram) with UnityPoint Clinic Diabetes & Kidney Center. “I went in for a diabetic check-up and Dr. Rao noticed my thyroid was enlarged,” recalls Buhs. Dr. Rao ordered a follow-up exam, then an ultrasound, which detected a thyroid nodule. In March ... Read more