Helping you get back to normal.
Our clinic brings together the cancer support and cancer prevention services you need to transition back into your regular routine.
Our providers work with all cancer survivors, no matter if your treatment ended last month or ten years ago. We’re here to help.
Preparing For Your First Clinic Visit
Thank you for entrusting us with your care. To ease uncertainty, we’ve outlined what you can expect at your first appointment.
- Meeting with one of our Survivorship Clinic nurses. She will introduce you to the clinic, measure your vitals, and answer any preliminary questions you may have.
- Meeting with our Survivorship Nurse Practitioner. She will review your medical history, your medications, any imaging or lab results that have been done, and conduct a physical exam.
- Your nurse practitioner will discuss your ongoing surveillance, including screening for early detection of a new or recurrent cancer. She will also talk with you about any lifestyle changes that may benefit you, typically related to nutrition and exercise.
- At the end of the visit, you and your physicians will receive a personalized Treatment Summary and Surveillance Plan. Arrangements will be made for any follow-up appointments, additional testing needed or additional services that have been offered.
What to bring:
- A photo ID, health insurance identification cards, and prescription benefit cards.
- Medical records. Your oncologist’s office may have already taken care of forwarding any records to our office. However, please feel free to call our office prior to your appointment with any questions about medical records you have.
- Medications. Please bring a current list of all medications and dosages you are currently taking, including vitamins, supplements, and other over-the-counter medications.
- Allergy information. List any allergies you have to medicines, foods, or other items such as latex.
Here are just a few things survivors are saying about the Survivorship Clinic:
- “I can’t say enough good things about this center and the clinic. I appreciate it and everyone!”
- “I was impressed with the thoroughness of the clinic and how they tied together all the different areas of my treatment.”
- “I’m pleased to know the clinic services are available to me for life.”
For more information, contact the Survivorship Clinic at (319) 558-4876.