Know yourself. Know your health.
Some families may have an increased risk for breast cancer due to personal risk factors, family history, a hereditary cancer syndrome or a gene mutation in their family. These women may have a 20-85 percent chance of developing breast cancer during their lifetime.
Cancer risk assessment is one of many services available through the High-Risk Breast Cancer Program. Healthcare professionals on a multidisciplinary team, including medical oncologists and surgeons from Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa, will help you manage your breast cancer risk by providing:
- Education about hereditary cancer syndromes
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Personalized screening plan
- Coordination of specialist appointments, if needed
- Prevention strategies that include nutrition, exercise and psycho-social counseling
Screening and close monitoring are essential to catching breast cancer in its earliest stages.
For more information, contact the Nassif Community Cancer Center at (319) 558-4876.